Tiles from Italian Etruria Design


Etruria originated with the idea of re-creating, complete with all its accompanying trims, the classical Diamond 15×15 and 7.5×15 tile which first appeared on the scene as a wall covering in the Paris Metro stations in 1900.

It did then disappeared over the years which followed, due to the breakneck industrialisation of the production process. The name given to the firm behind this new reproduction was Antica Fornace, emphasising the recovery of this finely-crafted tile from the past, and the hand- workmanship vital to its production.

Info/pictures: Etruria Design